Wolfe Law Group assists other attorneys and law firms through preparation of appellate briefs at all state and federal levels in Louisiana and Washington, including the United States Supreme Court. If you have lost your litigation case, or need help maintaining victory on appeal, we offer the representation you need.
We focus our appellate practice on cases with a construction context.
Representative Briefs and Matters
The following provides an overview of recent construction-related appeals for which our firm was involved. You can click on the hyperlink to review and download a PDF copy of the related brief.
- Bottom Line Equipment, L.L.C. v. Smith & Associates Consulting, L.L.C., et al., Louisiana 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, Appellant Brief. Wolfe Law Group represented Plaintiff, Bottom Line Equipment, on appeal of a trial court decision granting Travelers Insurance’s summary judgment related to coverage on stolen construction equipment.
- Tasch, L.L.C. v. Orleans Parish School Board, et al, Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, Appellant Brief. Wolfe Law Group represented Plaintiff, Tasch, L.L.C., on appeal of trial court decision appealed the ruling of the trial judge dismissing its action for payment on construction contract based on abandonment.
- Argence, LLC v. Box Opportunties, Inc., et al, Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, Appellant Brief. Wolfe Law Group represented appellant, Box Opportunities, Inc., on its appeal of trial court decision denying a Motion for New Trial based on untimeliness of its filing.
Wolfe Law Group performs appellate work on a flat-fee or hourly-fee basis. On occasion, the firm can perform appellate work on blended hourly and contingency rates, or other alternative billing arrangements.
Our hourly rate for appellate works is $250.00 per hour, and our flat rates are as follows:
- Principal brief – Brief only (Appellee brief, appellant brief only, writ application to La. Supreme Court): $7,500.00
- Principal and Reply Brief: $10,500.00
- Reply brief only: $4,500.00
- Oral Argument: $2,500.00
Resources on Appellant Work:
- “Why Hire An Appellate Specialist” — by Babcock Law Firm
- “The 10 Commandments on Appeal” — by Lee Archer, Appellate Attorney in Louisiana
- “How Appealling” – Law Blog dedicated to appellate litigation
- The Bartlett Blog – Summarizing Opinions released by Louisiana Appellate and Supreme Courts
- Appellate Procedure in Louisiana – Posted appellate information by KeanMiller